There are numerous drills you can do on your own or with a friend to become a better dribbler. Key principles to be aware of when dribbling are:
- Always keep your hand on top of the ball. If you bounce it straight down, it will come straight up.
- You should keep your head up to see both the offensive and defensive players around you
- Finger tip control is everything. You power your dribble with your wrists and control it with your finger tips
- You should control the ball so well that it is almost like it is part of your hand
- There are many individual drills you can do to develop this control. Here are some: